. . . makes me happy!
:)
Spring fever has struck, I think.
'Bout time.
I just took a walk, and the thrush, the tanager, and the catbird were singing--along with a backup chorus of myriad more birds.
I even heard either a veery or a hermit thrus. . . not sure which. But it was cool.
Yesterday was the recital, which marked the very last of stress for April.
And it's May now! And I have nothing (yet) scary looming before me in this the new month of May! :)
I love May. I love its birthstone--emerald--and its flower--lily-of-the-valley.
But I love the perfect temperatures, the cool breezes, the scents of new-blooming flowers, such as the aforementioned lily-of-the-valleys. It's got to be the most poetic month of the year--so promising in its new growth and bloom.
Today, the sky is so blue I could get lost in it--a shade deeper than heavenly-blue morning glories, even.
Which, by the way, are my favorite flowers. And which, by the way, I plan to plant this afternoon! What I hate is that they're always in the midst of their best blooming season when the frost hits. But they're awful pretty in August and September.
They get to cover up ugly stuff like the ancient swingset and the rusting chicken-wired garden cattle-panel fence.
I don't mind the rusting fence, actually.
But I do mind the ancient swingset. In spite of the memories of how much I adored it when it still had swings.
Oh, and emeralds--I love emeralds. And it's a perfect gemstone for May, since the green is just so breathtaking.
For my wedding or engagement ring, I've always wanted a silver--or platinum or white gold, I suppose--one with, if any stones, an emerald or sapphire.
Shame my birthday isn't in May.
But it's in June, which is the next best month. Although it's when summer begins, the actual day of my birth was just before.
And my birthstone is a pearl, which makes me giggle, because pearls are formed by constant irritation!
As you can see by my babbling on and on about May and flowers and gemstones, I'm clearly happier today than I have felt for a while. Which is sad, in a way, but I'm not dwelling on that.
Today, I'm happy. Who cares about tomorrow?
No comments:
Post a Comment