Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reasons I'm Happy Right Now

  1. I'm eating the real, original Swedish Fish. Bought from Ikea, no less. Which is Swedish, much to my surprise. I never knew. . .
  2. I have a new nightstand, with a single drawer and two shelves--which is just what I wanted. And I get to assemble it all by myself, which makes me feel immense satisfaction and success.
  3. I ate a Boston-cream donut with a cup of hot chocolate from Tim's on the way home. Yum, yum, yummy.
  4. I finished a course yesterday! Now I'm completely done with science and social studies!
  5. My score on the exam I got back yesterday was 98!
  6. I'm reading a very good book right now (Which means it's time to update my lil' box!)
  7. The more I think about college, the more excited I get, in spite of my nervousness.
  8. As I wandered through Ikea, I almost changed my mind about going to be a history teacher to become an interior designer. Again. I was very inspired, while wandering through the showroom.
That's basically it, I think.
I'm very, very excited about my nightstand. Since I moved into my own room, Jo's old one, in November of '08, I have used a wall-hung cupboard thing with a Sorry! game on top as a nightstand. This has held my alarm clock\radio\cd player, reading light, assorted bobby pins, nail-clippers of both sizes, pens, and thumbdrives for over a year.
And now I can finally put my books on the two shelves!!

Don't ditch me for getting overexcited about something so little; it's the little things in life, after all.

So. There's my little ray of happiness for tonight. Hopefully it'll last while I'm trying to figure out the multi-lingual instruction pamphlet; it's all illustrations.

Did you know Ikea was Swedish?
I didn't, either.
Tehehe. I know. I'm just about the only person who wasn't aware of this fact.
Until five minutes into the store, though. So that's pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. :) can't wait to read your post about putting the nightstand together!! with Mom and Ellie's help...where there's a will there's a way! (and you know how I say the rest...)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete