Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Quotations

This is what I do when I really don't know what to say: spew quotes.

This one is particularily appropriate:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
~Abraham Lincoln
I've been in the company of someone once who said, in my hearing, that quiet people annoy her because they just sit there.
I think she caught herself, because she realized that I was there, but later I found this quote, and was just like 'right on!' and wished I knew it so I could've said it to her.

This one is one of my sisters' favorites, too:

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
~Mark Twain
Actually, I should put those two on the side of my blog, with my Jane Austen one from Persuasion. Which I love.
I guess one of my favorite themes of love is that of undying love.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying."
~Oscar Wilde
Totally.

"I am coming to terms with the fact that loving someone requires a leap of faith, and that a soft landing is not always guaranteed."
~Sarah Dessen
*sigh*
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment