First off, don't you love poppies?
I love poppies. They are so. . . soo very lovely.
Poppies make me like the color red. And that's pretty good, 'cause I don't really like red.
Now, because of the generosity of my sister, I have another poppy pressing in my book.
I love pressing flowers. In my scrapbook--yes, singular. I don't really like scrapbooking--I used some pressed pansies on a page, and I loved it.
And I acutally can't wait to use my poppies in a scrapbook!
Hm. Wonder if I should've sprayed those pansies with some kind of preserving stuff.
Well, too late now.
Poppies inspired me to paint a poppy garden on the lower half of my wall, with morning glories trailing up the corner(s), and a deep blue sky.
Just the right mix of energetic red and calming blue, right? And with the sunshine streaming through my skylight. . . .
In other notes, today is the first of June.
Pointing out the obvious again.
My birthday is in two weeks, and two days. The end of my sixteenth--well, actually, technically speaking, seventeenth--year is nigh. And I hafta say, I'm ready for it.
And I also hafta say, that 'something amazing when you're sixteen' never really happened. Just a few life-changing things.
And sixteen isn't really sweet.
I guess, to me, my birthday isn't really about celebrating the year ahead, and looking forward to it; it's celebrating the year I've made it through, and the things I've accomplished. Or haven't.
And this year, I can tell myself that by this time next year, I'll be graduated from high school--and 18.
And that's when I'll be waiting for college applications to do their work.
Whoa.
Well, anyways, back to June, 1010. Um. Or, maybe 2010.
This weekend, I'm supposed to play 'The Lonely Goatherd' to accompany a group of little boys who are doing the skit for a talent show. I'm a little apprehensive about it, since not only have I never played as accompaniment, but I have to convert a duet into a solo. Oy.
I'm also supposed to play a solo. But I really, really don't want to. I don't want to play any of my songs.
Well. I'll work on it.
The Lonely Goatherd is so fun! you'll have fun, I know you willlllllll
ReplyDeleteummm so you're welcome for that poor little poppy that you squished inside a book....
ReplyDelete:D