Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Something's Different


Last time we spoke, I was sixteen.

I'm totally blown away.

Here's my favorite birthday present:













The songbook! Now I can play my favorite song on the cd: Once Upon a Love
Thanks, Mom!!

So, my birthday turned out great. All the family, minus those who had to work--which included my brothers-in-law, Dad, and later, Jo--came over around late morning, and hung around for the afternoon. We stayed outside the entire time; I had an unexpected birthday visit from a long-time friend, who brought cookies she made, so is now my best friend.
Tehehe
Seriously, though, those were some good peanut butter cookies.
Thanks, Carm :)

After everyone left, Mom, Megs and I just kind of hung out, enjoying the sunshine and lack of humidity, which was a surprise.
There were poppies which bursted forth for the occasion, and there were ice cream sandwiches, too.
Double happiness!
Then Megs and I headed over to my second sister's house, and her in-built pool which they have only because it came with the house they just moved into last December.
And my 3-and-a-half year old nephew finally said my name! It comes out somewhere between 'Dess' and 'Deth', with his darling lil' lisp! Sometimes it's more like 'Doss', and even 'Tess'.
I love it! :)
I'm a sucker, I know.
He must have had fun with me in the pool, cause he's still talking about it. 'Dess--werr--me!'
'Werr', being water. :)

So I have some pictures to catch up on, but I'm not even sure I'll get to it, since I've gotta take this, the school's laptop, back for the summer this week. After that, it's basically limited access to internet for a bit, whenever the home computer's free.
~~~
Today, the four of us went as a big happy family *cough* to visit our favorite chiropractor (my neck and head feel great now) who lives about an hour away. A delightful journey upwards was hastened by my mp3 player and the Sherlock Holmes soundtrack, and having Megs with me in the backseat.
Accomplished today:

  • Finished more of the new 'Emma', which Megan and I started on Thursday to conclude my birthday (I love Mr. Knightley)

  • Perfected wordless glance language with my sister during dinner at Panera. (I had a bagel. Blueberry, with cream cheese. Wonderful dinner, that.)

  • Scared an employee dude in the grocery store, in the ice cream aisle. Poor guy. I don't blame him. I'd be scared, too. Just because we look so innocent. Tehehe

  • Was made happy by the Panera guy (his name was Kevin. He had brown eyes) who came over to give me my bagel, after I sat at our table (they don't usually do this). It just kinda made my day :)
In short, Megs and I had some fun.
~~~
I've been thinking about my writing again. I just read Kaye Dacus' blog, and she gives some pointers for writing. One of them is sitting down and doing it, no matter what kind of drivel might come out under your fingers. (I paraphrased a bit. I don't have a good word-for-word memory)
That's my problem. I get discouraged when what I write doesn't come out how I want it to. I need to learn to sit and type--or scribble--and just keep going.
At any rate, it's seeming more possible now.
~~~
So, there's a short insight into what's going on right now.
Thanks, btw, to my beloved sisters, who devoted an entire blogpost each to my birthday.
They knew how excited I actually was about it :)
I 'ppreciated it, guys :)

Oh, and thanks also to Megs for the comic. I'll have to post it on here sometime.
That was the best.

So now I'm seventeen, and I'm excited about it. Something kinda snapped on my birthday, and I feel more like myself. I'm really living more--not gonna worry so much.
I actually feel kinda different this time. More free and optimistic. Which is really nice. I feel, like I said, more like myself than I have for a long time.
I've waited for that for a while.

4 comments:

  1. And i was like, whoa, like, dude, jessica's, like, SEVENTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!! and now i'm like, dude, where did the time go, like, totally! like... ahhah
    i found this school journal entry from when you were 9 months old. It said something along this line: "I have a baby sister, her name is Jessica. She is nine months old and SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute." and the o's are NO exaggeration! sometime I'll have to steal your camera, and take a picture of it, and post it on my blog......

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMIWORD that poor freezer dude!!

    I am so glad you had a good bday! everyone should
    but esp you

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is a long comment. Lol

    aww, thanks Megs
    *sniff*

    ReplyDelete