Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Facts

Fact:
Listening to dramatic film scores such as Transformers, Batman Begins, and Gladiator, will put you in a dramatic frame of mind.

No way, right?

Fact:
Summer Reading Program at the library ensures that volunteers who act as pages go through and straighten appr. 523.8 shelves. Especially in the children's areas.

Fact:
Finishing the best of your current 7 books leaves you unable to get into any of the others.
This 'the best' being 'The Apothecary's Daughter' by Julie Klassen. Which I have on my lil' sidebar, and talked about there.

Fact:
Reading blogs of authors like Deeanne Gist and Kaye Dacus leave you, as a writer, both inspired--I could do this!--and somewhat discouraged--That would kill me--in regards to the publishing process and writing process.
Because the editing would do just that; kill me. I don't know if I could handle having one of my pet manuscripts being pilfered through and snipped through, with favorite scenes being all messed up and re-organized, by anyone I couldn't trust and know personally.
Then again, maybe it'd be easier to take if I didn't know the editor.

Not like it really matters at this point. I don't have any manuscripts to send off to anywhere.

Fact:
I wish I could play fiddle.

Fact:
I like gummy bears :)

(Lightening the deeply thoughtful mood of previous-third fact.)

Fact:
Last night was a 4-H meeting I didn't know I had! Ha! imagine that!

Fact:
Driving a stick shift is just as much fun as it's made out to be: not fun.
But it is fun to learn under my sister's guidance, at least. And I've resigned myself to having to drive the old pink car (It's not bronze, as my dad refers to it as. Bronze is like gold. Not dusty rose). It gets me from here to there, as long as it's short distances.
And I don't currently have the funds to buy a vehicle at this point in time.

Well. Some randomness for your day. And now, goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. it's name is Rusty, 'member?? lol it was funny that night! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. 523.8 shelves?!??!?!? so glad you can count so well!! teehe

    ReplyDelete