Saturday, June 26, 2010

Misc. Dialogue

". . . madness in this heat--insane!"
Frank Churchill, Emma 2009

Tehehe
It's my latest favorite quote because it is indeed very warm.

"Mr. Elton! I am in the perfect state of. . . warmness!"
Emma Woodhouse, Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow (I don't know the year, lol)

(guess what the latest BBC drama we're watching is)

Anyways, back to my first subject; there's a heat advisory today for our area. So, I'm not just sayin' that it's hot 'cause I can't handle it: it's really hot.
So now I'm proven.

With llamas, a hot day means plodding out to the barn which is many, many feet from the house, pulling out the hose after turning off the fan in front of the door to ensure no electric shock, going back in the barn and turning on the hose, and spraying the legs and belly of only water-loving llama. Then, proceeding to ditch said llama while grabbing a halter and marching around the barn into the other shed, and pulling out the llama therewith with said halter. After which, third llama gets all prancy and worried, so follows second llama which is being lead (translate: pulled) by myself.
Thus, the parade is brought to the hose, where I commence splashing second and third llamas off as I did the first llama.
After which, I can then carefully pull the hose inside after turning it off, and then turn the fan back on for invisible llamas, as said first, second, and third llamas have proceeded back to where I had to disturb them.

Above-mentioned process is very tedious, but relatively short in spite. And there are ice cream bars and sandwiches in the barn freezer, which makes it worthwhile to withstand the heat.
And also, remembering that llamas are wearing the equivelent of three wool-coats.
And then you realize that you don't have it so bad.

This humidity has the capacity to zap a young, healthy, strong person in a matter of seconds. I believe it is a proven fact.
(I'm all about proving today)
So, after running around inside mopping the floors, sweeping the floors, and then stripping my bed and washing resulting dirty sheets, which then leads to waltzing out to the clothesline, as well as airing out all my bedding and stuffed animals and thousand pillows--on top of flipping my corner-placed double-sized bottom bunk's mattress singlehandedly. . . . I sat down to play some William Joseph, and as I stood back up, I felt completely drained.

And so, it was "madness in this heat--insane!"

=D

4 comments:

  1. here is my comment:

    I love coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. misc. comment......

    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    yeah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I further declare that this heat thing is stretching on for evvvvvvvvvvvvvvver

    *sigh*

    you haven't updated in forever!!

    hehe who am I to talk?!

    ReplyDelete