Well, I found an old Composition notebook. One of those bound black-and-white-marble books, which I thought were so awesome when I was little.
Clearly, I never finished it. The sad little '1999-' just hangs there in the balance. Most of my school notebooks were like that, actually, now that I think about it. I liked stuff to be documented.
I loved to fill stuff in. I felt so official.
Mom had me writing in it along with my workbook, Write Right, for school, which explains the random topics.
Here's the first page:
The picture's a little hard to read.
This was as I was learning questions, I believe. This came before the commas, which was on the next page, so some of my favorite stuff was chocolate juice and taco salad ice cream!
And also, jam.Lol.
Yes, the next page was about some wild animals, a list which was separated using commas. Animals like deer, fox, coyote, snake, wolf, and then 'kangaroo'.
What kills me is that my handwriting was so much better eleven years ago, when I labored over it studiously, than it is today!
This next part was Megan's favorite; she doubled over laughing.
Just in case someone thought that the spider actually had stolen pearls and stuck them in its web.
I was a very serious child, as you can see. That page is quite hilarious, because I have a moment of fancy, pleased with my breathy metaphor, but then I have to explain that it was just some moisture.
I also described the day I went with Mom to school:
And the drawings were on the facing page. Mom drew them for me and labeled them.
This day stuck clearly in my mind; I could either stay home with Dad and do my math worksheet, or go with Mom to school and sit for hours on end (well, it seemed like it to me)
I had decided to stay, since I didn't like going places I didn't know. But at the last minute, I chose to go with Mom.
Nothing changes. Me and my last minute mind-changes!
The last sentence of that page was the best; 'now I know where Mom goes.' as if I thought she was just escaping home for several hours each day.
And I was also obsessed with chairs. I believe these kind were pretty much a leather stuffed stool with a back--and they spun. And I was put out that they weren't purple.
And I was also obsessed with chairs. I believe these kind were pretty much a leather stuffed stool with a back--and they spun. And I was put out that they weren't purple.
I thought it was so strange that she had to count all those red blood cells.
Hopefully, I've learned since then that I don't have to explain my metaphors in my writing.




AWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww those are so CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Eve Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletelol--aren't they great?
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks!
that is sooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletehey are you ready to sky-dive Sean?!?!