My three-book day was short lived.
Only 1 is a reread this time. That's pretty good.
- 'The Apothecary's Daughter' by Julie Klassen (this is the reread)
- 'Maid to Match' by Deeanne Gist (Unfortunately, her's are a touch predictable, no offense or anything)
- 'Fire by Night' by Lynn Austin (This one is as good as the first in the series)
- 'Sweet Boundless; by Kristen Heitzmann (kindof not getting into this one as much)
- 'The Sign of the Four' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (yes, the second Sherlock Holmes :) )
And I've also started 'Christy' by Catherine Marshall.
Oh, and also another one; 'The Final Chapter of Chance McCall' by Stephen Bly.
So that's seven. Not five thousand. But still, seven is a lot.
Oh, wait--one more. I'm still finishing up 'A Proper Pursuit', also by Lynn Austin.
Last night was my school's honor's night, the end-of-the-school-year recognization of each student as well as certain awards and performances by some students.
I went for the sake of someone who'll never know I went for their sake.
Kind of depressing, isn't it?
I was happy, though, because I didn't have to go up on stage and be 'recognized' since I'm with the homeschooled, bookwork section. As opposed to the online, classroom or even online, at-home sections. As I was last year. And I was the former the year before for just a bit.
~~~
This morning I babysat my sisters' kids; two boys and a girl, under 5. Being an aunt is the best, for sure. My one nephew in particular is especially good at convincing you that 'It's okay, we do this all the time'; or 'Mommy lets us!'--which is a famous one ;)
He's also a little sweet talker and charmer.
I'm very excited at this point whenever I see either of my oldest sisters, as they're both expecting--and due just a month and a half apart!
I think my favorite age zone is from birth to about 3. That doesn't mean I can't stand kids past that age or anything; I've just come to realize that I adore babies best.
They grow out of that stage so fast, though. *sniff*
~~~
Today at the library, I felt more like an official librarian, 'cause I had to help out a few people. I get nervous due to my own insecurity, but afterwards I felt satisfied, like I'd done something good for the world.Lol.
I've been volunteering for three years now.
~~~
Oh, today a poppy bloomed. It's a pretty pink shade. It made me happy. Little things. . . it's all about the little things.
You look at the big picture, and it gets depressing.
So, I'm remembering the poppy and smiling.
May you smile, too.
wow three years is a looooooooooooooooooong time!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete