Talk about a positive way to enter into a blog post, huh.
Today I drove all by myself. Alone. All by myself, alone.
It was weird. I was kind of freaked out.
It was unreal. I was kind of--oh. Said that.
I was also paranoid, because if I ran into the slightest thing, putting the smallest dent in the car, I would be jerky by now.
It's a wonderful way to drive, so paranoid you'll be hitting something and then become dead meat in the space of two minutes!
Anyways. Nothing happened. I just drove like a little old lady on the way there and back again. There was the library. And back again was, obviously, here. Home.
Clearly, I'm in quite the satirical mood today.
~~~
So, I watched Great Expectations with Megs last night.
And I'm still pretty sure that Little Dorrit is still my favorite Dickens story. Though, I'm not completely familiar with David Copperfield, either. Or Our Mutual Friend. In fact, I know nothing of the latter. I wish to remedy this.
I find it incredible how Dickens can weave such an intricate plot--well, plots, really--that surrounds each character, no matter how minor they seem. Even though I figured out the plot in Bleak House pretty quick, concerning Esther Summerson's parentage, that is, I was still surprised by the turns of events and how this character became linked to this other character, who was once connected to this other character.
It makes me want to watch both Bleak House and Little Dorrit again. And read the books.
The only classics I have read are a sad few:
- The Secret Garden
- Little Women
- Sherlock Holmes (I've read the first two, and just got The Adventures of out today)
- Anne of Green Gables (as well as the other. . . 7?. . . books in the series)
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- My Antonia (I have to admit to hating this one. It was hard to read for some reason, and it ended up kind of weirdly sad. To me, at least)
- Pride & Prejudice
- Romeo and Juliet
- A Little Princess
I was gonna write a list of classics I would like to read. . . but I forgot them.
Because now I'm thinking about my new story that came back to me the other day, and has been running through my head. I'm now realizing why it's so important to write down the ideas that come to you about a story through experience. I first thought about this story several months ago, and it was so vivid, I thought I would remember all the details.
Well. That's what happens when you think you have a perfect memory, huh?
So. It's all coming back--gradually--and I'm seriously considering penning it down this time. (Penning and pinning, for that matter. Cool.)
Hm. Do you think I'm feverish?
Oh, your post makes me want to rewatch Bleak House...I haven't done that in way too long.
ReplyDelete