Saturday, August 14, 2010

This Past Week

Completed this week:
  • Endured 5 1\2 days of unbearable heat by sitting under a tent in front of a large fan, or hiking across the fairgrounds to enjoy the only two air-conditioned buildings on the grounds. I'm just glad I got a day off :) My second mom, who happens to be my llama advisor, took pity on me and my horrible day and allowed me to stay home :)
  • Went on my first fair ride since I was about 8. Only got one in before they closed for an hour, but that's ok, since the other ones all were way too intense for me. Tehe. I have a weak stomach.
  • Got second place in showmanship--I've made it to the top!
  • Realized that I have been showing llamas for 7 years. In the course of those seven years, I've shown about 7 llamas.
  • Dug through my box of 4-H stuff and discovered that I have 6 or 7 rosettes and one honorable mention from the many projects I've done over the years. And also about 52 A ribbons.
  • Was amazed by the fact that I made a Boston Cream Pie for 4-H when I was 12\13. Geesh, I was amazed by the fact that I made a skirt when I was 9, as well as snickerdoodles for my first nutrition project. Wow. The things we accomplish when we're young.
  • Felt pitifully lazy after looking through said 4-H box. One year I did 5 projects in one club--not to mention the guinea pigs in another club and llamas in another club.
Pretty much, the fair was made bearable by ice cream and coffee.
I don't know what the world would be like without these.

This year was pretty average, though something always changes from year to year. It thunderstormed on Tuesday instead of Wednesday, like it usually does. But it felt so nice, that rush of cool air that comes with the kind of summer rain that just pours down. It stayed relatively cool for the remainder of the day, too.
~~~
I've discovered that I'm one of those people who waits for the other person to make the first move, in any kind of situation. I'm too afraid of being too pushy, saying the wrong thing, or reading somebody wrong. It's not a bad thing, I guess. As long as I don't let myself be manipulated by my sensitivity to the other person.

Also, I've discovered that being around somebody who makes you feel, without either of you realizing it, that you have to be somebody else is not worth the emotional damage it can bring.
With certain people, I've realized that I slip into an inferior role, and that's got to change. If I let myself be dominated by other people and their opinions of me, it'll tear me up.

People who accept you for who you are, no matter what, are the best by far.

There are the random snippets of information you were expecting.
Well, you should be expecting, at this point of reading my blog, that is. :)

1 comment:

  1. always be yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that's what my mommy says.
    and she is very wise.
    very!
    :)

    ReplyDelete