After making careful calculations, I have come to the conclusion that I could be done with school in 17 weeks, if I worked hard enough.
17 weeks! Done! With high school!
And then I'd have ample time to figure out colleges.
*nods*
Yes.
Or, if I take a slightly slower pace, I could be done in 25 weeks. That's February. I think.
Or, if I take the slowest pace, I'd be done just before my birthday.
I'm thinking, right now, somewhere in between the 17 weeks and the 51 weeks.
Actually, it doesn't seem to matter what I plan, I either can't stick with it, or something else happens, so it winds up differently. I'll just take it as it comes, like I did last year. But knowing I could be done so quickly will probably inspire me to work faster. I hope.
These sudden and random thoughts are brought on by my sudden delve into school, in case you didn't guess. I'm trying to read Twelfth Night. It's making little sense, in spite of my determination.
And I'm not looking forward to The Moonstone, as I've heard many daunting reviews of it. Well, not many. But a few, at least. Even my counselor at school wished me luck. That's daunting. Lol
But I was thrilled that Pride & Prejudice was one of the books I had to read for Lit, seeing as I know it so well :) I got that exam done in no time.
~~~
I'm almost certain I don't want to be an interior designer, after all. So many options, and the endless possibilities, would just drive me crazy. I couldn't handle all the 'rules' of it, I don't think. I'm not a good decision-maker. At all.
But. . . I've never met anyone with a history degree, and many colleges don't offer one.
So is it a good way to go? Besides, what jobs, other than a history teacher, do history majors get?
*Sigh*
And now I'll stop rambling about boring stuff.
~~~
And just when you thought I wasn't going to mention something Jane Austenish. . .
*smile*
I found this site through charleybrown's blog:
http://www.much-ado.net/austenbook/
It made me laugh :)
It's based on the 1995 Pride & Prejudice, which, in my opinion, is the only P&P. The 2005 one does not deserve to be 'based on the novel by Jane Austen'. Except for the incredible coincidence of the characters being named the same.
Well. I'm cruel today.
It is good for laughs. I can't believe how hard Megan and I laughed the last time we watched it. Not that it's meant to be funny; it's just the two of us, when we get in a crazy giggly mood. As they say 'Everything is tired when you're funny.' :) Mr Collins, aka Osbourne Hamley (or, as Megan likes to say, Osbourne Seated.), aka Lord Beckett from PotC, especially cracks us up.
~~~
As of now, the book I'm picking up the most, out of the average 7 at a time, is a close tie between Yankee Stranger, an older volume by Elyswth Thane, the second of a family-saga that goes through eight books, and the one that's--still--on my sidebar, Beyond This Moment by Tamera Alexander, which is very very good. But I think I said that in my sidebar.
So now it's doubly very very good.
I'm starting my first Susan May Warren book, which happens to be Happily Ever After, but it's not quite gripping me like I thought it might.
And, I finally discovered which Sherlock Holmes comes next, thanks to a helpful person in Yahoo! Answers. No, I did not ask the question. But a person with the same question as me did. And then helpful-person-in-Yahoo!-Answers came in the picture.
Oh dear. Now I'm rambling.
Oh, yeah. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes was published after The Sign of the Four, in which Watson meets Miss Mary Morstan, and marries her. Adventures of is a compilation of many short stories which were published in The Strand--whatever time of Victorian newspaper or magazine that was. Whatcha wanna bet it's still in publication, and somebody will tell me that, and then I'll feel imbecilic? lol Anyways, the first story is the one of how Holmes was outsmarted by Irene Adler.
~~~
My other latest obsession is butterflies. I've always admired them, mind you, but this year they're suddenly popping up everywhere, and every time I step outside, at least three swallowtails flit through my line of vision like a Disney movie.
We have two ginourmous butterfly bushes framing the walk to our porch, and hence, the butterflies. I became very curious as the the names of each type of swallowtail, and so have discovered. Through the means of a cool book entitled A World of Butterflies--and I almost spelled 'world' 'worled'. Twice.
It's a cool little book--literally, little. Which is probably why it first snagged my attention out of the many-shaped, mostly-large volumes on the shelf.
So. Now I'll be the annoying chirpy person who tells you everything you didn't want to know about what type of butterfly that is.
For a limited time, at least. Until I forget all the cool stuff about butterflies. When this phase, too, shall pass.
Don't worry.
AWWW MY Widdle sister growing up and in her SENIOR year! I'm all for finishing in 17 weeks. I'll help you!!! with anything not math-ish, of course. like photography! I Love photography.
ReplyDelete