Saturday, August 21, 2010

Assorted Ideas

My latest obsession: interior designing.
Never would've guessed, right?

I have approximately 78.2 books on color, accents, and design from people and companies like Better Homes and Gardens, Country Living, Southern Living, and Rachel Ashwell--aka Shabby Chic.

So, maybe not 78.2. But 8, at least.

I'm seriously trying to figure out whether I could be an interior designer or not. I really don't think so; I'm too indecisive and unsure. But it would be a fun occupation nonetheless. I really get into the whole color scheme thing when I let myself.

Anyways.
I've been looking online at tha aforementioned magazines, particularily at bedrooms for the moment.
(do you know how many annoying pop-up ads, well, pop up while you're trying to look through a picture gallery? A lot. That's how many.)

Taken from Better Homes. This one is quite perfect. I love the colors, obviously. I'm a sucker for blue or green. Plus, the shades of blue and seaside theme is really relaxing, which is quite perfect for a bedroom.
Anyways, it's pretty. And I like it.

This one I like a lot, too. I seriously cannot decide whether I like blue and white or blue and dark-wood or black better. Perhaps I could mix them a little.
This one has pretty much the same qualities as the first one; blue, relaxing, etc. But it has more room for the junk you'll find on a nightstand-type-thing, such as Post-It's, assorted pencils and pens, clock radio, random hair stuff, and flashlight. At least, that's what I have on mine.
I always thought bed curtains like this were so cool. I'd probably have some corresponding fabric of some kind along the top of the bed frame, too, though I can see that if they'd done that here it might've made the room too dark, since it's borderline already. The sheer drapes definitely help that.

This one is here for Megan's benefit. I know she'll laugh.

And this one. . . I thought it was a gardening shed at first, but if you'll look closer, you'll realize that it's actually. . . a carriage house turned into a bedroom! It's quite awesome, really. I love the look of the walls, and the distressed ladder. (I could make a quip about the ladder being distressed by being old and having no further purpose but to hold flower pots--but I won't.)
I think of Megan when I see this room, probably 'cause of the sunflowers in the middle.

I can't help but wonder. . . wouldn't you have to try not to think about six- and eight-legged creatures skittering around you if you tried to sleep in this room?

Just wondering.

Okay, one more:
I love how the refinished hardwood floors look with the light gray-blue of the beds. It's really quite charming.
Tehe.

ps. All the other photos are from the Southern Living site.

No comments:

Post a Comment