In lieu of any of my own pictures, which are still unresized, or any interesting tales to share, I shall now present another post in the series of 'my favorite things.'
Today, it is owls. I love them, too. Right up there with hedgehogs and snow leopards. And, maybe, otters.
And there are many, many pictures in google image search. It was difficult to pick just these fifteen.
I mean, look; they're comical:
fig. 1
fig. 2
Photogenic:
Dignified:
And they are ethereal when they sing. Maybe just a little bit creepy.
They are stunning:
. . . with a fine fringe on the edge of their wings that makes them stealth itself.
They are adorable:
But people are still in awe of them
aka, just a little bit afraid of them.
As they should be. Owls are some of the most majestic creatures:
. . . and from them, we get the beloved term 'Night-Owl'
. . . because if they are out in the daytime, they are pestered by crows.
I don't like crows much, either.










i forgot to give you the disk with your pics on it!
ReplyDelete(just a random comment for you)
I was just thinking about that.
ReplyDeleteGreat minds and all that, I guess.
And it's not like we never see each other, after all.