Tuesday, October 18, 2011

And It's Not Even Noon. . .

It's only 11:14, but look what I accomplished already!
  • Swung a really fast right turn because I wasn't sure if you can actually drive under a fountaining fire hydrant (it was seriously sprinkler-like), in front of people I knew. . . . Instantly felt stupid. I just love my Subaru. Not.
  • All this to go to work, only to discover I wasn't supposed to work today. At least it wasn't my fault, so I didn't feel instantly silly. Thank goodness.
  • Tried to get a hold of my sister in town, only to discover that she wasn't even home. Instantly feel stupid.
  • Went to my other workplace, chatted with my boss, and got on the computer to delete a bunch of facebook stuff (this may be the only positive part of my morning. I hope not.) Did not feel stupid.
  • Waited a looong time to come home, lest I confront the same issuing fire hydrant on my way home, (it was as if it had never happened, btw)
  • Tried not to notice how cold and bleak it is outside
  • And I've now decided to watch the second disc of North & South, or maybe the last half of the new Jane Eyre, since the house is quiet. Not so negative anymore!! 
Who wouldn't want to be me?! *smile*

May your day be better on all accounts!

2 comments:

  1. Jess, you don't want to know about our morning, consisting of wild, stray dogs, dog warden, angry neighbors, extra children in the house, and piles of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe that me is supposed to be be? me me! dunno just a guess!!
    at least you didn't buy the wrong Pirates!!!!!

    ReplyDelete