So. . . after digging into some 'old' photos on my thumbdrives, I have decided to remind myself of the less enjoyable aspects of winter. Maybe. Or maybe I'll just mourn it.
The view from our dining room window. What I look out at while I'm blogging on the family laptop. Here's a comparative picture from spring of the same spot:
There may be a couple of years difference, as well. And, clearly, a change in water levels. Here is where I could go on and on about how much I also adore spring, when the air levels are cool and contain zero humidity. But I digress.
I truly wish I could be one of those people who absolutely thrive on heat and sunshine, but, alas, I am not. I have accepted this, and choose not to complain about winter. Observe:
After all, there are brilliant days of sunshine in high winter, too.
And snow. . . I miss snow. It is amazing. Even if it does make roads slippery, there's this delightful opportunity to use a telephone and cancel your obligations! Snow day!!
You don't have excuses to take days off of work in summer, now do you?
I have a point here.
Tell me that you have never stood outside with your hands--sometimes your tongue, too--outstretched in a still snowfall, or watched from inside while cradling a hot cup of chocolate, and not felt childlike wonder.
I dare you.
Well, my little, heated (tehe) rant is through now.
Have a nice hot day. While I gaze fondly and remember what happiness was. . . *sigh*




ACK you posted snow pictures!?!?!?!?!?!WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
ReplyDeleteNo way would I go back to winter by choice!
but that's me!
*sigh*
I'm sorry you don't like summer :(
Wanna trade places? I'm wearing a fur hoodie today and long denim skirt because it only got up to 65 today. 65 is cold when it's SUPPOSED to be in the 80s.
ReplyDeleteMy mom has been complaining about the heat, too. It makes me all like, grrrr. For lack of a better term.
that snow would be SOO nice right now and I don't even LIKE snow usually....my apartment is like an oven!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete@ Megs, I know you love summer. I envy you!
ReplyDelete@ Caity, I'd love to!
@ Jo, I'm sorry.
My kids keep talking about snow also, I can't remember the last time sweat dripped off my eyelids...I beg your pardon, I do not believe that it is ladylike to discuss perspiration.
ReplyDelete