Time for a list!
- The biggest llama show I go to with the 4-H club, at our state fair, is over! Held during the hottest time of the year, let alone the hottest time we've had over a decade, it was difficult. To say the least. And you know how I feel about heat. Moving on.
- I actually made money with my placings at the above-mentioned show!
- The llama I took cooperated beautifully--mostly. When I started out, she was--is--incredibly stubborn. But she responded to me, and I to her. We did well!
- The sun is shining today, the humidity somewhat cleared off. The sky is blue. The clouds are white. The grass is. . . well, it's green back here. But not anywhere surrounded by woods, I'm sure.
- I'm done with school. This isn't recent, but I have to keep reminding myself of it. I have to keep reminding myself of the grind I went through last spring to finish--and that I actually did it, even when I was told I couldn't graduate this year. Well. I did.
- Even if I don't go to college this year, someday I will figure out what to go for. Truly.
- I read an amazing book--Shadows of Lancaster County by Mindy Starns Clark. It was one of those ones you can't wait to finish, but don't want to end. Highly recommended :)
- I have only four more steps to complete my first ever full-size quilt. It's not a classic quilt pattern, it's not even hand-stitched. But it's a step to a full, classic-patterned quilt. And it's turning out well! I have pictures I may or may not eventually publish.
- Said quilt is a rag quilt, hence, it contains the fabrics of old, favorite clothes from my childhood. Such as an adorable Beatrix Potter mice print. It used to be a flannel nightgown. I actually can't believe I used to fit it. Was I really that little?
- My graduation party will eventually be held. My only fear, surprisingly, is the pictures. My two older sisters are way, way too happy to select photos of me. Problem? They aren't letting me look at them.
- Making food for people makes me happy. Discovered quite by accident!
- (In light of the above comment, I don't make food much. So, if I make food for you, you're very special!)

*evil laughter* now would your sweet older sisters EVER embarrass you in public by putting up bad pictures of you at your graduation party???????? *sweet innocent smile*
ReplyDeleteYes, I don't know why you're worried about that!!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteAnnnnnnnnd the quilt is looking cool!!!