Wednesday, November 21, 2012

One of Those Titleless Posts

This is starting to get addicting. It's like the next level of procrastination, right up there with Yahoo, which I explore after Pinterest and Facebook.

Anyways, it being the day before Thanksgiving, I thought it rather appropriate to list several things I'm thankful for. I meant to do the thankful-every-day challenge that my sisters did. But we all know how good intentions can turn out.

        1. Music
                Music outlasts everything else for me. I like such a random selection, I can never claim just one favorite genre. But it's all there, and the songs I listen to most are the ones that go straight to my heart, whether in lyrics, melody, tempo, or instrument. A combination of all becomes the one I listen to repeatedly, almost the the point of wearing it out.

       2.  School
                Yep, you read it right. But honestly, school is keeping me busy while not overwhelming me (all the time), which is necessary at this rather quiet point in my life. I can get into trouble if I'm not entertained. It's a Gemini thing, and one that definitely applies to me. Plus, right now my comp professor is really encouraging. I'm one of those writers who hates to show my work--any of it--so when a professor tells me my writing is good, it really helps.

       3. Color
                This is a strange one, maybe. But when you think about it, it's really not. The world without color would be a very dark place. Without realizing it till now, color is the first thing I look for physically to cheer me up when I'm sinking low. Color is the first thing I notice about anything: a stranger's personality; the book's cover; a person's eyes. . . and contrast is the first thing my eyes are drawn to. That's normal, I know. But I'm glad for it all the same.

     4. Coffee
               In a departure from my previous dramatic descriptions in my list, coffee is the best. To say I'm a coffeeholic would be no overstatement. Right now I'm on three cups a day, which isn't necessarily the recommended amount. Being anemic means caffeine is an easy crutch, with its energizing and headache-reducing affects. Maybe when this semester is over I can focus on getting back down to one cup in the morning. But anyways, coffee is the thing that's always on my mind. I'm not even done drinking my first cup before I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning's. It's pretty sad. If the world isn't jittering, I've not had enough coffee.

    5. My wheels
             See yesterday's post. :) I hope never to take my car for granted. Now I'm one of those annoying people who baby their car.

And that's about as far as I can go with the time I've got. I'm supposed to be picking an essay to critique for my final project in comp; writing my final, negative-persuasive speech for communications; writing two papers, also for com; and doing my online math homework. Oh, and now I have a little annoying online course as a pre-req to take before I can enroll for online classes.

And yet I'm blogging more than I have over the past three months combined.

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment