Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Surprising Facts OnThe Usefulness of Fingers

  1. You can lift weight (amazing how little you can carry with just one finger debilitated)
  2. You can wash hair (I intend to do this anyways.), dishes, and your hands!
  3. Type easier--very fast, actually
  4. You can fold buritos
  5. You can wave normally without fear of flipping someone off
  6. You can write
  7. You can avoid comments and questions (Oh my gosh, what did you do to your finger??) and sudden nicknames, like 'Gimpy'
  8. You retain a lot of your blood (it's amazing how much blood is in your fingertip)
I shall never ever take my left middle finger for granted again *types slowly*.
I shall never take any fingers for granted again, for that matter.

I'm perfecting a story that involves bullriding and walking away with a mere broken finger. Sounds better than "It was just a knife. . . deep cut. Almost needed stitches."
Right?


Wish me luck for working long hours for the next five days!


*Signs off, careful not to bump the thrice-gauze-wrapped finger.*

2 comments:

  1. Mmmhmmm it's amazing isn't it?! You poor thing. *Sigh*
    Although, wasn't it a little fun making me do all that stuff at the store for you yesterday????? HAHAHAHA :P jk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel your pain, sista
    haha I actually AM your sister, isn't that weird?! lol
    but I literally do. Cuz I hurt my finger once too. It was a literal pain in many ways!!!
    literal is my word for the day

    ReplyDelete