It slipped by without my even knowing it, of course. The fact that I'm finally noticing that in March, I passed the one-year date for this blog, is because I noticed that this post is my 100th.
Give or take a few drafts. Which I refer to as 'giraffes'. I like giraffes.
It is the Monday following my birthday weekend. Yes, I made a weekend of it. Of course.
Longest. weekend. ever.
And it is now Monday, as I said. And I feel hungover. My big, striped coffee mug is only half-empty. Yes, it is one of those half-empty days. I mention the coffee because perhaps the rambling nature of this entry will become clear to you.
By the way, you, reading my blog: is it strip-ed, in two syllables, or just 'striped', in one??
I fall in the latter category, myself.
Sadly, I have become one of those people I have a hard time putting up with: an early bird. But I must add that I am not necessarily a willing one. Without coffee, my morning consists of staring into a small speck of space for several hours.
The reason for my becoming One-Of-Those-Morning-People is largely due to work. I've picked up some extra hours, which involve me actually pulling myself out of my uncomfortable mattress to get ready to go. So, when I don't actually have to go anywhere, I can't sleep in.
This deeply saddens me.
Also, now that coffee is slowly seeping into my veins, I remember that I must be silent, not bursting into any randitions of Michael Buble, or chattering to myself, as there are men outside the open windows of the kitchen and dining room, where this laptop is situated. This is due to Mom's kitchen garden being put in. Which is very exciting, of course.
Perhaps you remember my post a few months ago about trucks?
Well, let me just say, that walking past a bunch of guys, one of whom owns an admirable Dodge, to get in that junky Subaru and drive away. . .
Just about kills me every time.
What kills me worse is the realization of just how selfish I am. Can I not simply enjoy the fact that I'm driving a car that runs relatively okay, and is not a stick shift?!
Signing off to go drown my realizations in a piece of leftover birthday cake.
giraffes are cool
ReplyDelete