Monday, November 15, 2010

November, Snow, and Etc.

It's cold.

And stark.

And gray.

It is, ladies and gentlemen, November.

Yes, I'm coming to this point a little late in the month. But there is no mistaking the month, the second-worst of the year.
Reasons: It doesn't look right. It shouldn't be cold yet because we're still used to summer. But it is. So, you step outside without a coat and freeze your tushie off. Then, you feel ridiculous donning a thick coat because, as I mentioned, it doesn't seem like it should be cold yet.
Not until the snow arrives does it really feel like it should be cold. This is my main defense of snow.
When snow filters down, it covers--if it's the right sort--everything with this delicate, lovely little layer of feathers.
And thus, it looks cold. Because, as we all know, it must be below the literal definition of freezing in order to retain snow.

And now, my little speech is concluded.

In other news, I've been blogging for a year now. The date slipped me right by. Of course, I don't remember the exact date, since I've been a bit distracted of late.

After the addition of another course, I now have more than 45 exams to complete within 29 weeks.
Eek.

I've been avoiding any discussion of college, but it's really been weighing me down, as much as I don't want to admit it, as I'm one of those people who don't like to be bogged down.
My main problem is the 4-hours-away side of the school I really want to go to. And now that I have good jobs, I really am questioning my desire for this.

Otherwise, I'm a little depressed because I've only held my 2-week-old niece three times. Three times.
And I didn't get to hold either of my little nieces yesterday, when I had a prime oppertunity to.
I'm deeply saddened by this.

It might just affect my entire week.

Or is it 'effect'? I'm a little foggy in these two.

Good news is that I'm on one of my motivation streaks and am into French and Pygmalion. Which is good, considering my little mention of having so many exams to finish in 7ish months.

I've been itching to rearrange my room, paint, and redesign it. Again.
Only, would I want to paint it something to highlight the natural light pouring in through the skylight, such as a butter-yellow? Or would I just do a dark shade on the ceiling (which isn't even possible, considering the texture thereof), and a lighter shade on the walls of my favorite, which would have to be blue?

So, then I decide not to worry about it.

I'm great at sticking with stuff.

3 comments:

  1. One thing you can do is do your first two years at a local community college. After all, the first two years are always the pre-recs and gen. eds. such as algebra, English, foreign language, science, etc. No need to spend more money at a more expensive school far away when you can get all that silly stuff done close to home. Plus, it will give you time to consider all the millions of options of degrees and other career paths which you may have never considered and might interest you. The possibilities are endless! Just gotta take the plunge. Good luck on those tests lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I could go to community college with you! I mean, if you went to the right one. 'Cuz I definitely need to finish up my degree so that I can finally be a Skydiving Instructor.

    *cough*

    On a more serious, I think Caity's suggestion is great!

    And in the end....

    All I can say is....

    Follow your heart.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cold makes me sad

    annnnnnnnnnnd that's all I have to say

    :D

    ReplyDelete