Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spaciousness--For Lack of a Better Title!

I really must stop with all this spacious. . . well, space. . . between posts.

Over the past month, I have accomplished:

~ An appalling lack of schoolwork
~ An incredible amount of reading! (complies with point A)
~ Work.
~ A group piano lesson, at which I, while most of the other kids played merry little Christmas songs, or lovely little contemporary\modern songs, tinkled out a Mozart sonata. Way to feel staid!
~ An unintentional skid on a turn which was coated deeply in iced snow--unawares to me--which landed me in the ditch. In snow. Approximately five-six inches of it. On the appropriate side for the wind to build it into mounds just the right size and placement to immobilize the tires of the little Chevy I was driving.
Yes, true story.
~ Little Christmas shopping. Enough for the staff Christmas party, but otherwise. . . . I'm such an awful gift buyer\giver. I sometimes have an epiphany of what to get someone in my family, but, a) I don't write it down and go merrily on my way forgetting about it or b) pass it on to someone else, who then uses the idea. Why I do this to myself, I don't know.
I think I'm one of those people who have good intentions, but tend to never fulfill them.

(is it 'fulfill' or 'fullfil'??)

So. As to the said appalling lack of schoolwork, I'm getting on it today. Most likely.
It's English. Which isn't really too bad, considering that it may or may not be improving my writing. Probably the former, while it really feels like--incomprehensibly--the latter. Go figure.
It is also due to the knowledge that I have only one course left at school for me; I have about five at home to finish. I'm concerned about the amount of credits I have, as I think I'm missing some extra-curricular ones especially. But. . . I suppose that will come out eventually.

Oh, and yes, the reason I'm actually in Blogger, blogging, is that I have out-read myself! I am down to the near-frightening stage of 'I've-read-all-my-library-books!'
But I go back today, and will surely find something. Or, I can finish--finally--my copy of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

Which reminds me, one of the said finished books is The Beekeeper's Apprentice, by Laurie R. King, in which Sherlock Holmes is a character. It is quite a good book, and highly recommended by me to you. Especially you who very much enjoy Sherlock Holmes.

See? I simply cannot write a post without mentioning something about what I'm reading.

Truly impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment