Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More of the Same. . .

. . . as you never would've guessed!

I am getting rid of stuff!
In a freakish moment of impulse, I found a large cardboard box, and decided that everything I didn't need anymore was going in it. Thereafter, the items within would disappear forever.
It worked well. Even though some of the stuff wound up going down in the 'kids closet'. But it's out of my room now.
My little 12'x12' room is looking a little cluttered and stuffed with too-large furniture. It doesn't help that my home planning and decorating extra-credit course is inspiring me to completely re-do every room I walk in to.
~~~
Otherwise, I'm finding myself with more free time, which should be filled with piano and schoolwork, but instead gets sucked up by puzzles, laptop, and music.
Let alone books.
'The Telling' finally came in last week--the most popular Beverly Lewis book in our little town now that I was ready to read it--so I'm finally finishing the series, which I have to say is a touch predictable. I think my favorite series by Beverly is always going to be the 'Abram's Daughters'.
~~~
And also, I have a new niece! This evens out the boy-to-girl ratio in our family, making it an equal four of each--two of each for both my sisters. This little girl's three older siblings each have a birthday in late November, so we were all amused when she came--somewhat early, but quite ready, at 9 1\2 lbs!--on the 31st last month, having her own birth month, if only on the last touch of it. I tease her mom that she's 'already opininated!'
~~~
Oh, and something totally unrelated that made me laugh: Richard Armitage, aka Mr. Thornton from N&S, has been cast in The Hobbit. He's a wonderful actor, so I have no doubt he'll be able to pull it off, but I still think it's quite funny to think of him being in Middle Earth.
~~~
I've been 'reading' Persuasion again, via book-on-cd, which is an excellent way for me, as an auditory person, to fully enjoy the rich language of Jane Austen. I am again falling in love with Capt. Wentworth. I picture him as Rupert Perry-Jones, in the '08 BBC edition, but Anne, to me, is Amanda Root, in the older version with Ciaran Hinds.
This is something I'll have to do a complete post about, I see. Something like my 'Emma' comparision.
~~~
Anywho, my world-changing thoughts on various subjects are concluded for this evening.
(how was that for a lengthy sentence?)
:)

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW that Heather was Grace's sister
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    erm

    yes indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you did. And I totally knew she'd wind up with Yonnie, even from the 1st book.

    We're good.

    ReplyDelete