My new favorite soundtrack: How To Train Your Dragon.
It's also my new favorite movie. :)
~~~
Anyways, hi! My extended absence was, again, unintentional. Life got crazy for a bit there, and it's evening out now. Needless to say, 'crazy' is defined by gaining two jobs in the space of two days.
I now work at the library--not just volunteer! Quite cool. I also work at a little shop in town on Tuesdays. It's my muscle job. Weighing out 50-pound bags of flour and the like get arm muscles sculpted fast.
lol
Working in piano-practicing and schoolwork is getting a little tight. But I'm juggling. It doesn't help that my latest obsession happens to be jigsaw puzzles--something I share with my sister. She and I both like the 1000-piece Thomas Kinkade puzzles, especially. I like them 'cause they keep my fingers busy, allowing my mind to wander all over the place freely.
Which is kind of scary, too. lol
But a new, add-on storyline to one of my books has developed as a result. One that I'm rather excited about; it adds more to the story, I think.
However, I've been reading practically zilch lately. I did pick up Bleak House, and discovered the movie is very, very much like the book. Though I've only read the first chapter. It's kind of deep for all my scatterbrainedness of late.
I was thrilled to find the next Tamera Alexander book on Jo's to-do shelf at work--Within My Heart, the book about Rachel, and the final book in the Timber Ridge Reflections series.
And also, I'm on the last of Kristin Billerbeck's Spa Girls series. And I started a Tracey Bateman series, too.
~~~
Throughout my absense from Blogger, I re-watched Bleak House and Little Dorrit. And loved them again. Especially Little Dorrit. It's got to be one of my favorite--if not the favorite--period dramas. I love Matthew McFayden--and Claire Foy is awesome in it. Let alone the myriad cast that makes up the classic Dickenesque characters.
We also watched Letters to Juliet, and liked it.
And, How To Train Your Dragon, which, even though it's a kids movie, I love. As aforementioned. I don't know, it's just the storyline, the animation, and the music, especially. Hiccup is hilarious. And I love Toothless. Very muchly. =)
When I watched it, with Megan and Jo, I was so caught up in it that I was grasping the edge of my seat throughout the climax, at the battle against that ginourmous dragon. And also when Toothless comes diving in to rescue Hiccup when the dragon-taming the the dragon-killing ring goes wrong, and winds up getting chained by Stoick.
Jo was laughing at my gasps and little 'no!'s' at that part.
Oh, and speaking of Stoick, it was funny to hear Gerard Butler's voice coming out of this huge, bearded Viking. But fitting, at the same time. He has an awesome voice :)
I loved how the 'un-Viking-like Viking' was the one who brought down, and wound up bonding with, the unknown and most feared dragon, the Night-Fury.
That's another of my favorite type of storyline.
I've always loved fantasy stories that involve dragons, particularily when the characters bond to their dragons. It always makes me want one. :)
I'm listening to the soundtrack at the moment. John Powell did an awesome job. And the music really adds to the movie, which is a bonus.
So. Now that I've gone on and on about that. . .
It's fall now. And it's freakin' cold at the moment. Temperatures were all nice and steady, 50's or higher. . . and then it suddenly became 30. Well. As long as it snows soon, I'll be happy. Somehow, the cold is easier with snow. Sometimes it's not.
This sudden observation is brought on by sitting at the table I've set up behind my bed and by my window. Coldest spot in my room. Which is actually made colder by having a skylight. But I love said skylight in spite of it. Mostly.
It's getting very stark outside. The colors peaked last week, and then it got incredibly windy, as it is wont to do in autumn. So, said color has dissipated into dry, ugly, rattly leaves that only make it feel colder.
And, now that I've written a book in here today, I'm gonna turn back to my puzzle! And discarded magazines. My other new obsession; tearing and cutting out stuff I like in magazines.
By the time I'm 25, I'll have accumulated enough full notebooks to last me my life.
I adore How to Train Your Dragon - the movie AND the soundtrack! I really regret not going to see the movie on the big screen.
ReplyDeleteit's weird that all of us j's have worked at the library now.............
ReplyDelete@ Ruth
ReplyDeleteYeah, I would've loved to see it on big screen, too. . . but missed out, as well.
@ Jo
Totally. I have so much to live up to now. lol