Distracted, discouraged, and unsettled.
But I've been paid back today by hangin' out with my nephews and nieces and my oldest sister, and for a little bit, my bro-in-law was there. I got unlimited--mostly--time holding my new little baby girl (okay, not 'mine'). And, of course, Megs, who is pretty much the nanny when it comes to our oldest sisters needing help with the kids, was there too. Megan is pretty darn awesome.
Meanwhile, after an incredibly long few days, I'm going back to the library after what seems like weeks. I was just there on Friday. Of course, my need for a good read is probably making me impatient, too.
Actually, I'm not having much time to read anything, anyways.
My long weekend consisted of being really busy at the library on Friday, then having my normal cleaning job on Saturday morning, followed by a wedding of a friend I grew up with (a friend I grew up with got married. If I think about it too much, I'm just totally blown away. How do we make 'growing up' stop??), which I stayed around for a long time to help clean up and stuff. Coming home dead-tired, I was glad for the chilling-out time I had before going to bed.
Sunday I spent socializing after church. Seriously. I came home around 3, and then, after hanging out at home for a couple hours, went to a friend's house, where we decided to go to a bonfire held for some visiting Australians. Who came for the wedding, as my friend-I-grew-up-with married an Aussie.
I'm not very good with people I don't know well.
Anyways, I had a packed weekend. For me, at least. Yesterday was a slow, rainy--cold--day. I think the rain made it colder. But Mom and I were home all day, with nowhere to go, as we're one car short at this point in time.
So. I've had sufficient time to recover. I think.
~~~
My newest course is a home decorating extra-credit! I'm quite excited about this. Well, was. Until I discovered that it has to do more with building, deciding, and etc. before getting to the designing.
But. . . it's important stuff, anyways. So. I'm digging into that.
~~~
And now, it's time to drag my weary self to bed. Looking very much forward to getting to the library tomorrow, too.
G'nite.
Growing up shouldn't be something to be afraid of. Yes, there are decisions to be made and responsibility that comes with them, but change is good and you won't ever regret moving forward with your life. You can always look back and smile fondly and simply be amazed at how far you've come. It's a good feeling, not scary at all. :)
ReplyDeleteHome design sounds like a good creative outlet. Be sure to have lots of those or your brain turns to mush haha.
um that was sweet of you but I'd have to argue with you about that awesome part!!!
ReplyDeletethat little baby awwwwwwww!!! she's a sweetie!