Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Scattered

. . . that's me!

And the reason for my long no-post session. I simply cannot think through my thoughts let alone type them in here! Still recovering from an uberly-busy weekend, I guess.

Part of the busyness was due to the most exciting part of my week; my new little niece! This is the 7th of my nieces and nephews, and my 3rd niece.
We're all very much enthralled with her, and her siblings' reactions to her :) It's so very sweet.

It's rather eerie when leaves are being shot through the air like hailstones 'cause the wind is so strong. Add rain and thunder, and very dark skies, and it becomes 'downright macabre!'.

Oh yes, fall is here. Today, as a matter of fact. You can definitely tell when you step outside; the air is getting crisp and defused with the scent of drying leaves. Ah, and then there's the definite detection of heavy dust from all the harvesting going on in this the corn-belt of America. And also, the soybean belt. In fact, I am convinced there are more beans at this point in time than corn. And beans are dustier.

Anyways.

See what I mean about being scattered?
~~~
So, Megs and I watched Bright Star the other day. Was anybody else confused? I didn't quite get what was going on half the time. The acting and filming pretty much made the movie. Otherwise, Megs and I were rather disappointed, kept expecting it to get better, but it never really did.
I am disappointed, since I was expecting it to be an excellent period film.

But, Megan and I consoled ourselves with Bleak House, which we've started and are working through :)
~~~
I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one who wish they liked Shakespeare, but can't, no matter how hard they try to understand it.
Yes, Twelfth Night. And I seriously cannot wade through the language. It pains me to admit this; I very much love the sound of prose and well-used words. . . but it's tough when it's Elizabethan.

Next, I have to read either Pygmalian or The Moonstone, both of which I'm not particularily looking forward to.
Otherwise, I'm filling my time with flipping through year-old magazines and cutting random stuff out. Especially home decorating ideas and tips, from my favorites: Country Living and Better Homes and Gardens. If I subscribed--strange as it sounds from a 17-year-old girl--I'd subscribe to these.

But I'm also making Megan a new magazine-scrapbook. Full of random stuff and private joke stuff to make her laugh. Aka, a boredom-buster for me, too.

As if I don't have enough to occupy myself with.
Isn't that the way it always is, though?
~~~
I'm in the middle of reading Miss Match by Erynn Mangum for the second time--love these books! I am greatly anticipating the third Maya Davis book. And also, I've started Kristen Billerbeck's Spa Girls series. Lilly reminds me of me with her 'bad hair', since mine is also thick and curly--and drives me crazy. lol

And I'm still reading The Missing by Beverly Lewis. I wonder how long it would've taken me to figure out the 'secret' if I hadn't read ahead. This mystery being Lettie's lost child.
And I like Yonnie--I knew in the first book that he'd have to wind up with Gracie. I hope she realizes this. lol
~~~
The thought just occured to me that all my blog posts are identical: I chatter about books and movies--stories in general--my family, and other random subjects which cross my mind.
Geesh, unpredictibility is not one of my strong suits, I guess.

Now, for further randomness;
Megan says that this is a cake that I would make. I have to say, I agree with her.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment