Saturday, August 11, 2012

Autumn's Coming!

Waking up this morning to a hot cup of coffee I can actually enjoy because (wait for it. . . ) it's CHILLY outside, was more delightful than I can relate.
Yes. Last night a cold front swept through, apparently, because for the first time, I tasted fall in the air. Not just in the temperature, which is hovering in the 50's-60's, of course, but in the crisp clean air! No humidity, as far as I could feel, for the first time in months!

This weekend has the recognition, to those who are following it, of being the peak of the Perseid meteor showers, supposed to be at a rate of 50 per hour! It being so cool outside definitely ups the clarity of the stars, but last night was cloudy, thus preventing me from craning my neck in the garden.

I took a walk with Megan late Wednesday night and was startled to see a bright one just above the tree line. I love those random ones. It's more exhilarating than seeing an expected one, because you feel the coincidence all the more; what are the odds that you at that precise moment, would be facing the proper direction to happen to notice the bright flash on the horizon that is a piece of debris rock way out in space?
And then you feel more than ever that it isn't a mere coincidence. . . everything happens for a reason, after all!
Love it.
So if the sky clears tonight, you can bet I'll make every attempt to make it outside. . . with a jacket or blanket!!!

Incroyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment