Wednesday, March 21, 2012

News and Notes From a Heat-Dazed Midwesterner

First off, I am still alive. Though, that point will be debatable by the time this heat wave gets done with me.
Second, as the title suggests, it is hot.
And it is March.
Now, in Florida, this is probably pretty normal. Definitely southern California, and probably even South Carolina.

However, those are three states I have never even visited, let alone lived in. So my question is this: why does a perfectly normal, Northern Hemisphere North-American Midwest state get 80 degree weather in mid-March?

End of discussion, or I'll get depressed.

On a more optimistic note, I'm finally typing on my own, very very own, shiny laptop. Its contented humming in the background is music to my ears.

On an even more optimistic note, this means I'll most likely be blogging your eyes off. (that sounds weird, but I'm only trying to counterpart the cliched 'talking your ears off', you see)
Now that I think of it, this may or may not be an optimistic note, depending on how boring my blog can be.

In even more other news, --

actually, I don't remember what I was going to say.

Mercury is in retrograde, by the way. I'm blaming my current brain daze on that. I'm not normally this blonde.

(now that I think of it, that bit about Mercury is probably what I had been about to say.)

Disclaimer: I can spell, usually. Any typos or unclear sentences may or may not be due to a new keyboard. After a few months, this will likely cease.

Maybe not so likely, but there it is.

On another optimistic note, the whole 'new-laptop' thing means I'll be able to take, upload, resize, and share photos to my hearts content. No more droning dialogue! But I make no promises in that category. I've always been a chatterbox.

No really, I have.

(on an unrelated note: It's kind of sad that I waited until it got hot to get a laptop. Now the fresh shiny surface will become tainted by my ever-sweaty fingertips. *sigh*)

Did I mention that my laptop is purple?
My laptop is purple. And not just 'purple'. But purple. I believe they called it sweet purple. It's the shade of the last hint of light between dusk and twilight. Just after the aqua horizon fades.

Now that was poetic.

Before I start describing the color of my new mouse (no more uncontrollable touchpad!), I'd better cease altogether. Or else I'll be on the topic of my horoscope and what it means with the retreating planet.

Not really.

I don't know about you, but I've missed these chats.

Smiles,
Jess

2 comments: