Monday, March 26, 2012

Items of Interest

1. Great Expectations. Two new adaptions are coming out this year, and I'm greatly intrigued by both. The storyline has me completely confused, and I'm also curious as to 'which end' they'll use, as Dickens wrote alternate endings to this famous work.

2. I have a mouse for my laptop! It's blue. And minuscule, seriously minuscule. (I may or may not be used to ginormous mice from the past decade. I love to say 'the past decade' like it was such a long time ago.)

3. Someday I will discover a way to make my fingers return to normal texture and cease smelling like meats, cheeses, and assorted ingredients from work at the deli\bulk food store. So far, the only way it fades is when I wash my hair. Scrubbing my fingernails into my scalp seems to the cure.

4. I finally have a trademark 'fragrance'. I can't really call it perfume, because I'm too cheap for that. However, I have decided I like Bath & Body Works' Twilight Woods line the best. It took me long enough.

5. Remember that heat wave I complained so thoroughly about? In true form of temperamental Midwestern weather, there is a frost\freeze advisory tonight.
Go figure. I think I'm moving to Alaska, where the weather is actually predictable. Ish.
I'm revelling in the cool, amazing temperatures, where I get to wear a jacket again, and hopefully I can wear my boots to work this coming Thursday!
Part of the reason I may not be ready for heat is the fact that my summer wardrobe is sadly lacking. My go-to wear of t-shirts have suddenly diminished, leaving me with few options. Even Old Navy is failing me, with their line of fluorescent hues that remind me of the 80's. (Oh, and also these hideous off-the-shoulder t-shirts that look like you picked out the wrong size top with a stretched neckline.) Where are their standard, pretty t-shirts for girls??
Basically, I've come to the conclusion that I'll have to spend big bucks for cuter clothes, too, at places like Anthropologie. (I do wear stuff other than t-shirts.)

6.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have the same problem with clothes as I do! The style over here is all baggie, one shoulder, cut to short/long, ect. Or it all comes in the same color as every other store here (I'm sure they all get together and come up with the next season color line, and vow not to sale a color other then that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. you use many big words. like miniscule. which is actually ironic because it means tiny. hahahhaa
    that was all i could think of for a comment.... just a statement not a critism because you know i love big words!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those words that i had to type to prove i wasn't a robot...wow they were like, Japanese...

    ReplyDelete