Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Surprises

  1. I don't have to work at all--at all--for the next five days
  2. Those mint Oreos in my dresser drawer. I forgot all about them! Not to mention the Gobstoppers, too. 
  3. My new favorite books: the O'Malley Family series by Dee Henderson. I've tried them before, but didn't stick with it. Now, I'm hooked. Not to mention that the guys of the family all make my Favorite Fictional Heroes list.
  4. The Shunning, which I didn't know our library even had (gasp!). It was a very good movie; followed the book as far as I know, and had good actors. And I only found a few things wrong with the portrayal of the Amish! (not that I'm the expert: I've just read a lot of Beverly Lewis)
  5. It's Christmastime. Who knew? 
  6. I actually have my Christmas gift ready! Maybe I should say ready-ish, since I'm only halfway there. One present? Yes. Our family has gotten so large that we all take one gift, then choose, white-elephant-like, and steal from each other. It's definitely shows the love among our family. *wink*
  7. The clearance racks at Kohl's. I was surprised at how many there were this time, and I found a hoodie I love. I love hoodies. They go with everything. And you can take off the layer if you're hot! Put it on if you're cold! Genius! 
  8. It sounds like I'll be seeing several out-of-town friends over New Years weekend. 
  9. I finally got the music to Beethoven's Tempest sonata, third movement. If you don't know it, I suggest finding it and listening to it, because it's beautiful. And now I'm learning it on piano! 
Happy December, everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the O'Malley books! Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love mint oreos. they are SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "O'Malley" series. I really should read those books again - and where on earth is Dee with some new books??

    ReplyDelete