Saturday, January 8, 2011

Last Year

It feels very strange to say that. January is so full of transitional. . . well, transitions.
(I think my vocabulary needs to improve if I ever expect to publish. Just a hunch.)

Anyways, Megan and I were looking through a bunch--try thousands--of my pictures the other day, which made me realize how few I have on this blog. I intend to remedy that, though my photography is rather poor.
And, since it's my first post of the year, I thought I'd do some of my favorite pictures!

And so here are a few of my favorite memories and photos:

This is Lil' Dude, whom Jo rescued from the road on one of their walks. . . back in March, I think.
  I think Jo actually took this picture of the perpetually-smiling frog statuary. . . with a friend!
 My cat. Looking like an English terrier. She was, in fact, about to attack my hand, which was dangling above the camera. . .
 I can't forget these two, from my collection of those taken on a perfectly sunlit August day. . .

 . . . and little Rebecca, from when she was two weeks old! I have none of Avah, who was born in October, sadly. I shall have to remedy this!
 September. . .
 If only I wasn't smirking so strangely in this photo. . . it's the best we have together!
And hopefully they forgive me for posting this one, but it is--again--the best I have of them. And, obviously, Jo took the picture.

I have no pictures of winter so far. This may be due to the fact that I took five thousand, approx. throughout the 2009-2010 season.
And, due to the fact that throughout the year I acquired two jobs, which equals to less time to gallivant with my poor camera.

And also, missing out on Christmas because I was sick with the flu didn't assist with my lack of pictures, either. I had hoped to snap some photos then, comparing them to last years'; the kids change so much, so fast!

This year, I graduate. I looked forward to it so often throughout middle school years, and then desperately anticipated it throughout my awful 9th-10th grade years. The middle of last year was when I started to dread it, in spite of the hope of having a better experience with college than I did with high school.
Sadly, that hope has rather drained itself out, knowing that I'll probably have to stick out some hardcore courses at a local college for a couple of years.

By next year, I should be settled with something.
Should be.

On a better subject, I have accomplished a couple things; I'm playing some songs I've always admired on the piano--and picked out the Little Dorrit themes on it! with some assistance from the YouTube collection thereof. I'm working on some other themes at the moment, which are a little harder.
If this is my last year taking piano lessons, it will at least have been a good year, I think.

I've gotten better at writing, too, even if I haven't worked any more on my stories.

Speaking of stories, looking at some of the reading challenges at Booktalk & More has made me wonder just how many books--novels, in particular--I read in a year. And now that I've caught myself so early, I think I'm going to keep track! So far, in one week I've read 2 that I can remember.
One of which, by the way, was Julie Klassen's newest: The Girl in the Gatehouse, which, while infusing a little drama, I very much enjoyed.

And. . . now that I've written a tome about last year--and other miscellany as is expected in my blog!--I'm about to catch up on all the blogs I haven't read for just as long as I haven't blogged.

These spaces must stop!

4 comments:

  1. I love that pic of the butterfly on the frog, so funny! And your cat is gorgeous! And good luck on all of your reading endeavors this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruth :) and good luck to you too--you've got quite a few challenges going!

    @Miss Jo: Me too!

    ReplyDelete