Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Geminis, Summer, Pinterest, and Other Fascinating Topics

First of all, I must apologize for that last rant. It was unnecessary and born of frustration (obviously).
Second, I am happy to say that the weight of that stress is finally lifting off my shoulders. It's taken a bit, but I'm at last reconciling myself to the commitment I made last week.
My next step is to slowly open the drawer that holds my class schedule and course catalog--along with that horrible student ID--and proceed to take necessary action. (this information had been hastily thrust into said drawer upon returning home from last week's early meeting with my advisor) One step at a time, I shall add the dates to my calendar, make a list of items needed before the fall, and so forth.

Here's something I am: A commitment-phobe.

But then, I've discovered a few more things about Geminis. 'Unpredictable', 'indecisive', and 'flighty' are a few words that easily describe Gemini. So I don't feel too bad now.
Of course, we're also 'creative' and 'witty'. Just to counteract those previous adjectives *wink* Oh, and we're also the most light-hearted of the zodiac signs. Never would've guessed that one, hm?

Now, here are some good things about being sick:
  1. I don't chew my fingernails off when I'm sick. Hence, I actually see white on the tips of my fingers!
  2. I don't eat my normal amount of sugar. This isn't normally a problem. I love sugar. But it tends to show up on my face, to be honest. I also don't feel like eating most times, which means I actually eat a normal amount instead of all the endless snacking.
  3. Being sick seems to be the only way I can kick back and not worry about having to go anywhere at all. I have yet to learn the art of saying 'NO'. Or, at least 'no thank you'.
These I have to keep in my mind at all times when my head pounds with a sinus-infection headache. Thankfully, I'm past it all now. But I ought to keep numbers 1 and 2 up all the time.
 Megan and I both got sick at the same time this past weekend, and so we went all out for an Andy Griffith marathon, with a few movies like 'Emma' thrown in. Laughter is indeed the best medicine.
It's kind of sad, though, when usually I offer Megan some of my continuous candy supply during featured films, this time I could only ask if she wanted a cough drop.
Needless to say, we nearly ate an entire bag of these.

So, after a nice slow Memorial Day weekend, I am getting back on my feet in time for fifteen consecutive work days, which will lead me right up to my birthday! Six hours a day is something I can handle. Pathetic, yes. But I'm fighting anemia again, so my energy depletes quicker than you can say 'Johnny Appleseed'. Eventually I'll be fully capable once again. Right now I'm also happy that I can add a few bucks to my savings account towards a better-running vehicle.
Plus, I'm also feeling better about working that much simply because it will keep my mind off the heat and overall downheartedness that comes with summer for me.
And, tying this in with the first subject, I am preparing to fully enjoy my last scot-free summer as a teenager.

Paradoxical, that's Gemini. They don't even know what they want.

In other news, I've discovered another way Pinterest is so time-consuming: Tumblr. All I have to do is search a favorite movie, show, or author\book in Pinterest, find some boards on the subject, and voila, tumblr sites fully devoted to whatever it is I'm looking up! As if looking through the boards themselves isn't time-wasting enough. I've spent way, way too much time looking up quotes this way, too, and all things fiction-related, such as a nifty fiction bucketlist!

And now I'll bid my five faithful followers good day before this self-devoted chapter becomes a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment