Tuesday, January 3, 2012

After the Year is Over

. . . auld lang syne, and all that.

My prolonged absence is this time not my own fault: the internet was down in the laptop I use for about three weeks or so. Now, I could've used the elderly family computer, but this one is Dad's domain, and hence has many, many, many files (and backups of the backups of these files), and so is very, very slow.

I also don't entirely trust the security.
(Even though this one was the one with the virus\bug thing. . . )

In response to the comments from my long-ago post about indecisiveness, I made my choice just last week.
I now have switched over to a slimmer, quicker, efficient phone with a qwerty keyboard. Yes! I chose the one I secretly wanted all along!

So now, I can have cool ringtones. Because why else did I really need a new phone?!

~~~

I was sorry that I wasn't able to post a Merry Christmas post. I also was sorry that I didn't get the chance to come in here yesterday when I was on a coffee-induced high. This, combined with the fact that it was my first day home after a long 10-day week, and that it was snowing.

Finally snowing!!!!!

And it stuck. And it's still snowing today. And it's so beautiful.

But I'll stop there, before my sisters come to murder me in my sleep.

Anyways, I hope your Christmas and New Years' weekends, respectively, were as enjoyable as mine. My family made history, traveling three hours to spend the day and\or weekend with our Gramma at her house. This hasn't happened for over a decade, and that gathering was at her old house just a few minutes away. It was also eight children short.

There was a bittersweet flavor about the day due too: eleven years ago our beloved great-grandparents were celebrating the season with us. I was only nine when they passed away within a few months of each other, and wish I could remember more of them. My comfort is that their legacy will never be forgotten, Mom and my sisters keep their memories alive.

The week between Christmas and New Years flew by for me, as I worked every day. Fortunately, I was not too burnt out to get together with friends for a delayed Christmas party ;) A five-dollar gift exchange will always be great fun.

So rather than make a long speech about how much can change in a year, and how far\short I've come, which is all very self-centered, I'd rather focus on the here and now, and a little about the future.

And thank God that He's brought me through 2011. I know He'll do the same for this coming year, which is the only way I could think about it at all!

And now I'm off to practice writing 2012 instead of 11. Oh dear.

1 comment:

  1. You are funny! I enjoy reading your posts. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete