I have now graduated. Well, as soon as I finish this last segment of Algebra.
And those two sentences seem entirely unrelated until you consider that perhaps the latter comment is a result of the former.
Indeed. I dropped everything--and I mean everything about two months ago because I had to finish up by May 13th. Well, I did it. And I cannot believe the amount of accomplishment I now feel!
Accomplishment, and boredom. There's the blunt truth of it.
Current dilemma:
When you put your life on hold to focus entirely on something else, how do you get back to your life?
Thoughts?
I'm actually having a difficult time figuring out why I'm so at loose ends!
In the mean time, I have
- created a collage on posterboard of favorite magazine cutouts
- watched approximately fifty-two hours of tv, and at least fifteen movies. (give or take twenty-five or five) while hanging out with my sister
- eaten less!
- gotten sick (I'm still sniffly)
- finished all my books
- organized my closet
:)
Otherwise, I was playing piano till my fingers ached, taking approximately 13,862 photos, listening to loads of music, discovering the pros and cons of organic cotton, delving into the evolution of pianos from Mozart to Chopin, and ignoring my new favorite books.
Which, by the way, I must mention. I simply cannot post without saying something about my current favorite movie, cd, or book!
This series happens to be the Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman series by Pamela Aiden.
Because of it, I fell in love again with the original Pride & Prejudice. I read them simeltaniously. (...and I pride myself on my sepelling abilities)
The second one, Duty & Desire drags a bit, as it centers around his time between Hertfordshire and Kent, and so Elizabeth Bennet is not in it at all. However, Colonel Fitzwilliam, (whom I love), along with a new cast of deep characters and curious storylines, keep the pages turning.
Aiden has, I believe, captured Darcy perfectly. From his proud facade at Meryton to his transformation after Elizabeth's rejection, to his triumph at his second proposal, she has retained the sense of 'Austen' throughout, which is not an easy feat.
So.
I may eventually post some of those 13,862 pictures, by the way. Not all, maybe. But maybe some.
Perhaps.
In other news, my birthday is coming, and I have been considering birthday presents for myself. This is not necessarily something I require. The last time I did such was when I bought my camera. An entire four years ago now. Actually, that is a long time for a digital camera in this era. Anyways, I may actually buy myself a laptop at last! I've always been afraid to venture into the world of electronics I'm not entirely familiar with. In terms of names, quality, and core processors, etc. that is. And then there's things like Windows. Do I choose Windows vista, Windows 2010 (if there is such), or none of the above? What is the sticker on this laptop that proclaims "Turions64x2 technology"?? What does it all mean?
Maybe I'll just save the 500-700 dollars towards something else. Something like a swanky vehicle. Dear old Subaru is quite protestful. Or maybe I'm the protestful one.
I'm not sure that's even a word.
welcome back!!! lol
ReplyDeleteand yay about gradutationg (um) graduating (is that spelled right now???)!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on graduation and welcome back! I am glad you enjoyed the Pamela Aidan Darcy books - I read them a couple of years ago and loved them!
ReplyDelete